Was the empire in star wars universe populated by total morons?
Okay just gonna point out some things in just episode 4.
1) There is some guy who lets R2D2 & C3PO get off the princesses ship on an escape pod b/c “No life forms were detected”… okay that makes sense, but you know surely they are aware of the fact that that live in a society where robots are ubiquitous… That is almost as bad as when a villain decides to explain his entire plan to a hero before trying to kill him and failing…
2) Then you have princess Leia who decided to go to the SECRET rebel base in spite of the fact the empire was after her which she should have been aware of. I mean how could she not be aware they are tracking her after releasing her?
3) Obi-wan… Here’s an idea just let darth vader strike you down for no reason. Don’t you know stick that light saber up and guard vader’s attack… He was one of the LAST Jedi around, what him & Yoda the only 2 at that point? & you know Yoda is all sitting on his own planet minding his own business… So why stop resisting the empire? What was the point of his sacrifice? It’s not like he saved anyone in the process like say Bruce Willis in Armageddon… He just strait up let himself get killed FOR NO REASON… He became a martyr for no reason when he could have you know stuck around and trained luke not to let ppl chop your arm off… oops
4) Whoever was piloting the death star by the empire… Here’s an idea “lets move this ship around the planet and shoot the moon in 30 minutes who cares if they launch some kind of defense before then”… okay that was an okay plan I suppose… but you know what would have been a better plan? “lets just shoot the planet that the moon is orbiting with the death star” You know what would happen to life on a moon if the planet it was orbiting was blown into a trillion pieces? I’m not sure, but it can’t be good.
1. Any time there are politicians involved, there is paperwork, accounting for every shot fired, with an environmental impact report and cost accounting for the depreciation on the laser turrets and so forth. They were just trying to avoid another hand cramp.
2. They were in a hurry to get those plans to the rebel base so they could analyze them for a weakness. I don’t know why they didn’t just get them from WikiLeaks in the first place.
3. If he stayed and tried to fight, Luke would have waited around for him, or attempted to go to his rescue and gotten shot or captured. Better to be struck down and “become more powerful than you can possibly imagine” and let Luke get away to live and fight another day.
4. The planet was the sole source in the galaxy of the active ingredients in Darth Vader’s asthma medication.
Plot inconsistencies in Empire Strikes Back / Return of the Jedi?
Has anyone noticed the following.
1) When Luke is on Dagoba he says to Yoda something like “my friends are in pain. I have to go help them”. Yoda says stay. Luke says “But what about Han and Leia”?
WTF?? So he doesnt give a crap about poor old Chewbacca?
Luke you bloody racist!
(or speciesist…or whatever….anyway its not cool….screw C3PO and R2…they are just robots)
2) When he is preparing leave Dagoba, Yoda and Obiwan are like “Luke, no you gotta stay Dude, you gotta complete your training, too bad if your friends get tortured by a Sith Lord”.
But Luke (obviously conflicted) decides to go rescue his friends and he says “I’ll come back ASAP”.
THEN in Jedi after he rescues Han from Jabba he flies back to Dagoba and Yoda says something like “your training is already complete”.
WTF?? All that happened between the last time they met was Luke getting his hand servered and returning to Tatooine.
Thanks a lot you little green asshole!
You almost talked me into letting my friends get water boarded by the Dark Lord for no reason?
3) And how did Luke suddenly become so bad azz anyway (Chewbacca tells Han after he comes out of popsicle deep freeze that Luke has become a Jedi)?
He clearly wasnt a Jedi when he caught up with Chewbacca on Bespin. And he clearly didnt return from there to Dagoba. So we know from this that there is relatively little time between the events of Empire and the events of Jedi.
So where did Luke get these new Jedi powers to do mind tricks and open a can of woop azz on Darth Vader?
Did he buy “Jedi in Just 10 minutes a Day” DVD and do a self improvement course?
Please advise if any SERIOUS fans have theories?
BTW please dont mention that series of spastic bowel movement a.k.a the prequel Epidoes I, II, III
1. Chewbacca wasn’t tortured. In the scene, you see him putting together c3po and leia and han are let back into the room after being tortured.
2 . They were worried that luke was too weak and vader would turn him to the dark side. They were more worried about that than that he wouldn’t finish his training.
3. No idea. Maybe he learned enough that he was able to study on his own.
can anyone name this anime?
the characters are sasha, kraken and they have to protect rococco empire. it also had robots and one of the character’s power is the moon crescent, i think. Also it is shown in arirang TV network.
I’ve been searching for the title of this anime. Please help! 🙂 Thank you so much! :))
Kraken is blue haired while Sasha is blonde. 🙂
Also, they have a princess which is pink haired.
That’s all i can remember.
I think you could be looking for Saint Seiya?
It has characters called Kraken and Sasha.
I’m not sure though. I just tried looking it up and this is what came up.
Hope it’s the one you are looking for. Sorry if it’s not =)
Here’s the link to the wikipaedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Seiya
Are you surprised Bill Maher supports Ron Paul for president?
Maher admitted that Paul is the only Republican candidate who can get him to “rise out of my chair and applaud for not being a robot like Romney.”
“One of the things he says is, ‘We’ve got an empire. And we should bring all the troops home.’ He’s the one who is, really, in my heart on foreign affairs, not Barack Obama.”
Yes, especially considering that I watched tonight’s show and he made clear that he did not support Ron Paul for president but liked some of his positions.
Can anyone give me some good animated movies?
The list below contains all the animated movies I’ve seen plus anime/cartoons. Suggest for any or all categories please. And thanks for your time!
– Shrek 1-2-3-4 (+ Shrek the Halls)
– The Road to El Dorado
– Shark Tales
– Flushed Away
– Chicken Run
– Madagascar 1-2
– Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron
– Monsters vs Aliens
– Titan A E
– The Pebble and the Penguin
– A Troll in Central Park
– All Dogs Go To Heaven
– Banjo the Woodpile Cat
– Castle in the Sky
– The Cat Returns
– Superman Doomsday
– Superman/Batman Public Enemies
– Superman/Batman Apocalypse
– DC Showcase: Green Arrow
– DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam! : The Return of Black Adam
– Justice League: The New Frontier
– All Star Superman
– The Swan Princess 1-2-3
– Fern Gully
– The Nutcracker Prince
– The Nuttiest Nutcracker
– Quest for Camelot
– The Princess and the Pea
– Ice Age 1-2
– Once Upon a Forest
– Alvin and the Chipmunks Adventure
– My Scene (Jammin in Jamaica, Masquerade Madness, My Scene Goes Hollywood)
– Curious George
– Happily N’ever After 1-2
– The Iron Giant
– Animal Farm
– Pokemon (The First Movie, 2000, Mewtwo Returns, 3, 4Ever, Heroes, Ranger and the Temple of the Sea)
– Happy Feet
– The King and I
– The Prince of Egypt
– Veggie Tales (various titles)
– How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2002)
– The Simpson’s Movie
– Gay Purr ee
– Totally Spies
– Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
– The Barbie Diaries
– Polly World
– The Jetsons: The Movie
– Astro Boy
– Tristan and Isolde
– Gnomeo and Juliet
– Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
– Melody Time
– Cinderella 1-2-3
– Peter Pan 1-2
– Lady and the Tramp
– Sleeping Beauty
– 101 Dalmatians 1-2
– The Sword in the Stone
– The Aristocats
– Robin Hood
– The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
– The Fox and the Hound
– The Black Cauldron
– Oliver and Company
– The Little Mermaid 1-2-3
– Beauty and the Beast (+ Enchanted Christmas)
– Aladdin 1-2-3
– The Lion King 1-2-1/2
– Pocahontas 1-2
– The Hunchback of Notre Dame 1-2
– Mulan 1-2
– Tarzan 1-2-3
– The Emperor’s New Groove 1-2
– Atlantis the Lost Empire 1-2
– Treasure Planet
– The Princess and the Frog
– A Bugs Life
– Finding Nemo
– Monsters Inc.
– A Goofy Movie
– An Extremely Goofy Movie
– The Incredibles
– Toy Story 1-2-3
– Tinker Bell
– Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure
– Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue
– Mickey’s Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
– Disney Princess Enchanted Tales
– Mickey Mouse: The Prince and the Pauper
– Alice in Wonderland
Japanese Animation (Anime)
– Peach Girl
– Tokyo Mew Mew
– Fruits Basket
– Full Metal Panic (First Season and Fumoffu (third))
– This Beautiful Yet Ugly World
– Please Teacher
– Fushigi Yuugi
– Rumbling Hearts
– Marmalade Boy
– DN Angel
– Boys Over Flowers
American Animation Cartoons
– X-Men Evolution
– Wolverine and the X-Men
– The Spectacular Spider-Man
I don’t really like Studio Ghibli’s movies and I watch only romance anime…
Kung Fu Panda (dreamworks)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers